Jewish Actress Is Emmerdale's New Lady Of The Manor
Hot on the heels of Robert Kazinsky joining the cast of EastEnders, it’s emerged that another Jewish actor is stealing scenes in one of the country’s best-loved soap operas.
Formerly of the Royal Shakespeare Company, Georgia Slowe’s swapped the bard for the barnyard, in the rural romp that is Emmerdale.
- Miliband: I've No Tolerance with Boycotts
- David Ward Faces Fresh Lib Dem Action Over JN Comments
- Threatened and harassed
So far, fans have seen the real-life mother-of-two flirting with local vet Hari Prasad. But quite how far this relationship or any other storyline will develop remains to be seen. “When they cast someone in a long-term role like this,” she said, “you never quite know what’s going to be thrown at your character next.”
As well as treading the boards with the RSC, Georgia’s screen credits include The Alleyn Mysteries, The Attic: The Hiding of Ann Frank and Wallenberg: A Hero’s Story. But the Emmerdale experience, she confesses, is like nothing she’s done before. “It’s very fast,” she said, “very different. In a film you might shoot five minutes of scenes a day-and that’s considered progress. You also know your character inside-out. Here, we shoot about12 episodes in a 10- day period and the character changes all the time.”
Georgia, whose former husband Ray Kelvin was the founder of the Ted Baker clothing line, added: “Every fortnight a brand new set of scripts land on you doorstep and you’ve got to start again from scratch.
"The trick is to just forget a script once you’re done with it. Chuck your old lines in the bin and make room for the next. The learning muscle kicks in very quickly”
- Archbishop Exclusive: 'My Cousin The Rabbi' - 21/03/13
- Opinion: As Charedim, We Must Take Responsibility For Ourselves - 18/03/13
- Opinion: The Joy And Tears Of Marrying 'In' To The Jewish Community - 18/03/13
- Opinion: Shared Parenting - One Size Definitely Does Not Fit All - 18/03/13
- Opinion: At Pesach, Let Us Remember Our Obligation To Others - 18/03/13
- Opinion: Hamas Scurrying From Peace Like Cockroaches From Light - 18/03/13
- We Team Up With Tzedek To Help Fight Poverty - 14/03/13
- Blair speaks of Israel friendship as he opens new Mill Hill shul centre - 14/03/13
- Miliband: 'My Debt To Israel' - 14/03/13
- Coalition Marks 'Direction Change' for Israeli Politics - 14/03/13
- 'This Place Is A Life-Saver' London's Only Kosher Soup Kitchen - 08/03/13
- Another Shabbat On The Streets - 08/03/13
- Opinion: Was The ZF Right To Reject Yachad? ... NO - 07/03/13
- Opinion: Was The ZF Right To Reject Yachad? ... YES - 07/03/13