Ed Miliband Set To Meet Jewish News Readers at Q&A Event
Ed Miliband will become the latest high-profile politician to take centre stage for a Jewish News question and answer event next month on the 7th of March, writes Justin Cohen. The leader of the opposition will deliver a keynote address before fielding questions on a variety of domestic and international topics from a 300-strong audience. Organised with the Board of Deputies, the 7 March session in central London comes just one month after Miliband's shadow foreign secretary took part in a similar Jewish News forum.
Miliband said: "It will be a great privilege to address the Board of Deputies. It is an institution which for hundreds of years has not only served Britain's Jewish community but ensured the voice of that community is heard fairly across the United Kingdom."
- Miliband: I've No Tolerance with Boycotts
- David Ward Faces Fresh Lib Dem Action Over JN Comments
- Threatened and harassed
concerns of our community. It's also great to be partnering with the Jewish News, which has a track record for delivering top-quality grass-roots political events."
As with the Douglas Alexander event earlier this month, Iran's nuclear programme, the campaign to proscribe Hezbollah, the pursuit of Israeli-Palestinian peace and Labour's support are likely to top the agenda at next month's event.
The man hoping to become Britain's second Jewish prime minister in 2015 is also likely to also be quizzed on faith schools, shechita and the delegitimisation of the Jewish state in the UK. Among those who have also participated in Jewish News Q&A sessions over the past three years are Nick Clegg, William Hague, Boris Johnson and the then foreign secretary, David Miliband.
To book free tickets, email email@example.com with your name, contact details and how many tickets you'd like. The event starts at 7pm.
- Archbishop Exclusive: 'My Cousin The Rabbi' - 21/03/13
- Opinion: As Charedim, We Must Take Responsibility For Ourselves - 18/03/13
- Opinion: The Joy And Tears Of Marrying 'In' To The Jewish Community - 18/03/13
- Opinion: Shared Parenting - One Size Definitely Does Not Fit All - 18/03/13
- Opinion: At Pesach, Let Us Remember Our Obligation To Others - 18/03/13
- Opinion: Hamas Scurrying From Peace Like Cockroaches From Light - 18/03/13
- We Team Up With Tzedek To Help Fight Poverty - 14/03/13
- Blair speaks of Israel friendship as he opens new Mill Hill shul centre - 14/03/13
- Miliband: 'My Debt To Israel' - 14/03/13
- Coalition Marks 'Direction Change' for Israeli Politics - 14/03/13
- 'This Place Is A Life-Saver' London's Only Kosher Soup Kitchen - 08/03/13
- Another Shabbat On The Streets - 08/03/13
- Opinion: Was The ZF Right To Reject Yachad? ... NO - 07/03/13
- Opinion: Was The ZF Right To Reject Yachad? ... YES - 07/03/13