Trump Attacks Obama Over Israel
US business giant Donald Trump this week condemned President Obama's record on Israel after urging voters to back Benjamin Netanyahu in next week's election.
The billionaire property developer is one of the of the US leader's fiercest critics and yesterday used an interview with the Jewish News to launch a fresh line of attack.
- Miliband: I've No Tolerance with Boycotts
- David Ward Faces Fresh Lib Dem Action Over JN Comments
- Threatened and harassed
Trump - who claims the Israeli leader has shown "great intelligence" and "toughness" in recent years - said the world should expect "greatness" if Netanyahu returns to the premiership. "Things will happen that will be good for Israel."
The interview came hours after the screening on Israeli television of an unprecedented message of support for Netanyahu, instigated and produced by British-born PR guru Jonny Daniels.
Trump told the Jewish News it was an "honour" to endorse Netanyahu. "He's respected tremendously in the United States and all over. Even his strongest enemies respect him." Daniels, 27, who is a consultant to Deputy Knesset speaker Danny Danon, said: "Donald Trump is a true friend of the people of Israel. His public support of the prime minister comes from a deep and honest understanding of the intricate situation in Israel."
He said it is believed to be the first celebrity endorsement of its kind from America for a candidate in an Israeli election.
- Archbishop Exclusive: 'My Cousin The Rabbi' - 21/03/13
- Opinion: As Charedim, We Must Take Responsibility For Ourselves - 18/03/13
- Opinion: The Joy And Tears Of Marrying 'In' To The Jewish Community - 18/03/13
- Opinion: Shared Parenting - One Size Definitely Does Not Fit All - 18/03/13
- Opinion: At Pesach, Let Us Remember Our Obligation To Others - 18/03/13
- Opinion: Hamas Scurrying From Peace Like Cockroaches From Light - 18/03/13
- We Team Up With Tzedek To Help Fight Poverty - 14/03/13
- Blair speaks of Israel friendship as he opens new Mill Hill shul centre - 14/03/13
- Miliband: 'My Debt To Israel' - 14/03/13
- Coalition Marks 'Direction Change' for Israeli Politics - 14/03/13
- 'This Place Is A Life-Saver' London's Only Kosher Soup Kitchen - 08/03/13
- Another Shabbat On The Streets - 08/03/13
- Opinion: Was The ZF Right To Reject Yachad? ... NO - 07/03/13
- Opinion: Was The ZF Right To Reject Yachad? ... YES - 07/03/13