RSGB Opts For Name Change
The Reform Synagogues of Great Britain was this week renamed the Movement for Reform Judaism following a landmark vote.
The Movement’s council unanimously decided to make the change at its annual general meeting on Sunday.
- Miliband: I've No Tolerance with Boycotts
- David Ward Faces Fresh Lib Dem Action Over JN Comments
- Threatened and harassed
The Movement plans to establish direct communication with each member next year to discover how to assist people in deepening Jewish identity.
Rabbi Bayfield said: “It represents a significant shift in focus and a determination to engage with people where they are. This is a major plank of the Reform Movement’s 2020 vision which sees Reform Judaism at the heart of the community, reaching out, encouraging each individual Jewish journey.”
At last weekend’s meeting, communications expert Michael Grabiner was also elected as the first chair of the Movement.
- Communal charity mergers are 'not financially driven' - 03/05/12
- Simcha Expo resounding success - 07/11/11
- Making the Grade - 04/03/10
- Keeping the Faith - 11/02/10
- Chief Rabbi's Prayer For Haiti Victims - 21/01/10
- Support WJR's Haiti Emergency Appeal - 15/01/10
- Edgware Jewish Primary School Stays Open After Parents Shovel Snow - 14/01/10
- Buy tickets for Valentines Event!!! - 08/01/10
- Send Us Your Snow Pics - 06/01/10
- Putting The Fun Into Chanukah - 10/12/09
- The Magic Of Mitzvah Day - 19/11/09
- Community Mourns Former Board President Israel Finestein - 15/10/09
- The Word On The Skeet - 03/09/09
- Jewish News Snowman Competition - 02/02/09
- Emma Has The J-Factor! - 18/12/08